In HTML documents Headings are very useful. To create different size of page headings they are used according to their importance.
- By the use of <h1> to <h6> HTML tags.
- <h6> defines the least heading and <h1> defines the most important heading.
HTML Heading Example
<h1>This is a heading One</h1>
<h2>This is a heading Two</h2>
<h3>This is a heading Three</h3>
<h4>This is a heading Four</h4>
<h5>This is a heading Five</h5
<h6>This is a heading Six</h6>
Before and after each heading tag there is margin.
Importance of Heading
- To create headings HTML headings are used.
- Search engines use Heading tags to identify words which are more important than the rest of the page text. The topic of the page is sum by the headings, so they are counted as important keywords.
- <h1> it is used as main headings which is followed by <h2> which is less important <h3> headings and so on.